Thursday, October 24, 2013

UPDATE!!!! I was on the reserve list and a spot opened up!!

Last week I thought I hadn't made the top 50 in SYTYCW2013. Well, actually I hadn't but I must have been on the reserve list because I'm on it now!

Got the email this week and scurried around finishing and polishing. Wrote my synopsis (YUCK!) and got it all formatted. During formatting, the power went out and took a few years off my life. But I was able to recover everything and finished it up.

I sent it in today! Submissions were due by tomorrow but I was afraid to cut it that close. Good thinking as evidenced by the power outage.

So it's out of my hands now. My critique partners were clamoring for the complete since they hadn't read the to the end so I sent to them also. With a strong caution. Do not tell me about all the glaring errors!!! :)

I'm already having second thoughts wondering what plot threads I dropped, etc.

Oh well, I chose this life so now I have to live with all these doubts and second guesses.

Here's the link again in case you missed it the first time:

http://www.soyouthinkyoucanwrite.com/manuscripts-sytycw-2013/heroes-and-heartache/

No comments:

Post a Comment